Reporting to the Director of Human Resources & Academic Affairs, the HR Assistant supports all Human Resources functions in the Department of Ophthalmology. The Assistant will work closely with the Director and will respond to all inquiries in a timely manner and exemplify the customer service values and standards representative of the Department of Ophthalmology. The Assistant will work independently and will need to exercise discretion, tact, and professionalism when dealing with professional staff.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff by posting positions on Columbia's job sites and appropriate advertising sources, scheduling in-person meetings, complete pre-hire verifications, process all new hires.
- Serve as a point of contact for all new clinical and administrative staff, contact new employees to collect required information and HR paperwork, participate in the Department of Ophthalmology new hire orientation.
- The Assistant is responsible for resolving any employment issues by working with the Director of HR Operations.
- Process all compensation related changes (promotions; merit increases, special adjustments, etc.)
- Assist in preparing and managing the academic process for accreditation of fellowships and reappointments.
- Assist in working with International Affairs Office to process new hires with visas.
- Assist with communication and circulation of material among faculty and staff.
- Responsible for creating new employee personnel files; ensure that all HR files and records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Responsible for maintaining the time tracker for support staff
- Assist the HR Director with various projects
- Provide back-up support to the HR Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus two years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proven ability in managing multiple priorities, exercise independent judgment, change priorities quickly, and to accomplish tasks with high level of autonomy.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft applications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org