WorldFish is hiring a Chief of Party to lead the Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity. As the Chief of Party, you will provides leadership in applying an Inclusive Market Systems approach to implementation of the Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity.
The Chief of Party will oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including Activity results and deliverables, in accordance with Activity work plans and manage the;
- Activity’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities;
- Direct the planning and budgeting processes;
- Apply management systems in line with standard operating procedures.
Lead and manage the technical direction of the Activity to achieve excellence in partnerships, implementation quality and results.
- Oversees the implementation of the Activity and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight and administration of the project.
- Serves as the primary Activity liaison and is accountable for achievement of results, ensuring quality of work is maintained at the highest standard, and all Activity objectives and deliverables are met.
- Vision, strategy and objectives articulated to team, partners and other key stakeholders and compliance with all protocols and procedures.
- Capacity of Activity staff built to meet demand for technical, market systems and managerial skills.
- Support the development of project documentation, report writing and learning association with implementation of the market systems approach, including peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Collaboration and partnership with other relevant Feed the Future Activities in Bangladesh.
- Represent Activity at market systems meetings, science meetings, and other relevant fora.
- Safeguard WorldFish’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
- Master Degree or equivalent in Economics, Agriculture, Aquaculture/Fisheries, Business Management, Marketing, Development Studies or related fields.
- At least 10 years working experience, knowledge and skills in private sector engagement and enterprise development.
- Demonstrated 3 - 5 years experience in applying and adopting inclusive market systems approaches will be an added advantage.
- 5 years supervisory skills in direct project management of large and complex donor-funded projects.
- Capability in activity planning, business promotion, implementation, monitoring and report writing.
- Experience in integrating gender, youth, environment, and nutrition sensitive approaches into development interventions.
- Strong team building and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and knowledge in Bangla.
- Willing to travel to remote locations for field work with experience in South and South East Asia.
- Proficient in MS office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to support effective communication.
- Knowledge and experience of tropical aquaculture systems.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org