The JUMP! Foundation is currently seeking a skilled and energetic candidate to join our Executive Management Team as the Director of Staff & Operations. This individual will be an educational visionary and an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager. The Director of Operations will be responsible directing and all functions elated to staff training, staff development, curriculum and program operations in our 6program regions: Australia, China, Southeast Asia, Thailand, North America & International (all partnerships outside of the aforementioned regions). The Director of Operations will be responsible for mentoring regional program directors, as well as the members of their respective program teams. This role will also demand a high level of collaboration across all program regions, supporting teams in the design, management, and delivery of their regional programs. The Director of Operations will also direct the development of systems and best practices within the organization related to learning and development and program operations. In doing so, the Director of Staff and Operations will effectively solve problems through individual initiative; accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base; and contribute to the stable expansion of a dedicated team of professionals.
ROLE RESPONSIBLITIES: The Director of Operations will have expert competence and experience across a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Works with the Senior Management Team to create and support the organization’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
• Supporting the organizational management of the JUMP! Foundation through engaged participation on the Senior Management Team.
• Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
• Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
• Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
• Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
• Oversight of Strategy for JUMP! Impact
• Programmatic and Partnership oversight for JUMP! Impact
• Financial and fundraising oversight for JUMP! Impact
Human Resources • Directing the management of JUMP’s Global Facilitator Network.
• Directing recruitment and onboarding/induction systems and processes.
• Oversight of HR function to include payroll and employee benefits, and undertakes regular review of compensation package structure.
Learning & Development • Directing JUMP’s internal learning & development program for full-time staff.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct performance appraisals and exit interviews.
• Direct a comprehensive program of continuous learning, training, and professional development for staff.
• Supporting the management, mentorship, and professional development all JUMP! staff.
Organisation Compliance & Operations
• Oversight of JUMP’s Standard Operating Procedures & Revisions process
• Manages the JUMP! Central Teams across Bangkok, Beijing, Melbourne and Vancouver.
• Liaises with lawyers to ensure all legal compliance (Hong Kong) is up to date.
• Oversight of all JUMP! organizational risk management (insurance policies, crisis protocol management, etc)
• 7+ years of management / operations experience.
• 7+ years of work experience in experiential education / global citizenship education.
• Experience managing risk for outdoor adventure & cross-cultural travel programs.
• Experience directing the vision, strategy, and management of experiential education programs.
• Experience directing and managing high functioning teams.
• Proficiency in overseeing and managing regional finances and budgets of over 3M USD.
• A passion for working with youth.
• Excellent stakeholder management.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
• Competency with program portfolio management.
• Excellent time management.
• High attention to detail and extremely organized.
• The ability to prioritize independently in high intensity situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• A self-starter who welcomes personal and professional development.
• Masters degree or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience living and working abroad in multi-cultural contexts.
• Familiarity and experience working with international schools.
• Extensive experience facilitating education programs for youth.
• WFR certification or higher.
• Additional experience in the marketing and communications of experiential programs.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND CV / RESUME.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org