Finance and Admin Assistant. Open Society European Policy Institute. Brussels. Posting Date: 02/22/2019. Deadline: 03/04/2019
The Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI) is the EU policy arm of the Open Society Foundations. It works to foster open societies inside and outside Europe by leveraging the EU's policies, legislation, funding, and political influence. The institute brings into EU policy debates evidence, argument, and recommendations drawn from the work of the Open Society Foundations in more than 100 countries. The Open Society European Policy Institute's role is to propose positive measures that will sustain those values within policies and widen the political constituency that supports them. The institute also works to provide warnings when European political actors are moving away from-or even undermining-the founding principles and fundamental values of the European Union.
OSEPI is recruiting for a Finance and Administrative Assistant to provide administrative, financial and operational support to the team in Brussels. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of efficient systems and processes to create an effective working environment. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Administration and Finance Manager and must have prior administrative experience, be efficient, an excellent multi-tasker, and a team player that is able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- provide support for financial activities, process invoices including data entry, and suppliers' contracts
- organizing and processing expense claims
- assist in the office's budget tracking and annual budget development
- provide office management support
- recording and managing key contract information in Cx system (OSF's contract management system)
- assist in monitoring contractor performance for compliance with delivery timelines, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements
- handling administrative procedures such as finalising contracts from approval to signing, checking invoices
- liaising with potential consultants/suppliers and following up on proposals/offers
- performing final closeout of contracts; e.g., assuring delivery and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract
- stay abreast of relevant policies, compliance requirements and assisting staff with understanding, operationalizing and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines
- help to manage team's calendar and provide advanced administrative and financial support to staff
- additional ad-hoc responsibilities and projects may be proposed or called upon
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and French; other languages an asset
- Experience with record keeping, budget/finance and contract administration is essential
- Administrative experience within an NGO or international environment preferred
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with the office technology including Microsoft Office and audio equipment Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on administrative tasks.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail
- Service-oriented experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.