Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The Program Associate is the entry-level position for program work at IRI, and provides administrative and programmatic support for current IRI regional programs, with a specific focus on the Europe and Eurasia region.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Updates budget tracker; cross-reference with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Working closely with the External Affairs team, and in line with institutional outreach policies and priorities, actively supports IRI’s communications strategy.
- Produces effective program-specific outreach materials with an emphasis on media pitches, events materials, and digital and social media. Regularly drafts and/or edits external-facing content for US and foreign audiences.
- Supports IRI’s podcast production, including episode storyboarding, drafting interview guides, coordinating with IRI regional teams on guest interview logistics, and audio engineering.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Institute, and works very closely with the External Affairs team.
- Handles travel for all portfolio programs, including ensuring the receipt and recording of approvals and maintaining the Travel Tracker up to date, and in compliance with funder requirements.
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
- Serves as point of contact for RFP solicitations and compiles submitted materials for the RFP evaluation process.
- Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
- Maintains project site and documents.
- Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Regional Division.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 0-1 year of experience in international development or related field.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, research and communications skills.
- Proven interest in events organization and management.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Detail-oriented individual with demonstrated interest in external outreach.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
Experience in international development or related field.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org