PAX - Program of Academic Exchange (www.pax.org) is a not-for-profit educational organization that provides global education and exchange opportunities for students, host families, schools, and communities to open doors, embrace cultures, and become family. PAX believes that this mission is served by providing young people with the opportunity to study abroad and live with a host family for an extended period of time. Each year nearly 1000 high school students from around the world participate in international exchange through PAX. While PAX has a global vision, the organization works one student at a time. PAX has offices in downtown Seattle, WA and in Port Chester, NY (conveniently located a short walk from the Port Chester Metro-North rail station, 50 minutes from Grand Central or 15 minutes from Stamford).
PAX is currently seeking a Compliance Manager to join our high school exchange program team in either Port Chester or Seattle. This position oversees the regulatory compliance function for PAX exchange programs, managing a small team of compliance staff members and working with other PAX teams to ensure that these functions serve the overall goals of the PAX program.
- Ensure that PAX program operations, training, marketing, and office systems are fully compliant with all USDOS regulations, CSIET standards, and other rules governing PAX operations.
- Manage a small team of 2-3 staff members, including compliance specialists and senior specialists, managing workloads, overseeing the quality of work produced by the team, and ensuring that all departmental objectives are met.
- Review criminal background checks for community coordinators and host families, ensuring discreet handling of confidential information.
- Develop and maintain internal systems for receiving, filing, and accessing paperwork related to placement and supervision of PAX exchange students; generate reports of placements and host family changes on regular basis and work with placement team to collect missing paperwork.
- Track student and host family orientation confirmation forms to ensure that all participants have received an orientation program as required by USDOS regulations.
- Oversee the Second Visit Representative system and ensure that all host families receive a second visit per USDOS regulations.
- Create and maintain Compliance training materials and handbooks to ensure that all compliance processes are accurately documented. Assist with training new staff members, regional directors, and field staff in USDOS regulations and compliance processes.
- Work with VP Quality to prepare for annual program and operational audits.
- Coordinate with VP Quality and Senior Compliance Specialists to provide on call coverage for CBC review during evening and weekend hours for emergency host family changes during the year and key deadline periods during the placement season.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in international relations, education, nonprofit management or related field; previous compliance experience and/or experience with USDOS regulations.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively under pressure and the ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, and take direction well.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust work schedule to meet the demands of an unpredictable caseload, including the need to provide on call CBC coverage for key placement deadlines and emergency host family changes.
- Previous international/intercultural experience preferred.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in use of MS Office applications and experience using database systems.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with subject header that reads: Compliance Manager + Your Full Name. Cover letter and resume should be submitted as attachments in PDF or Word format. Please note that all required materials must be submitted in order for your application to be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org