**This position is contingent based on funding.**
The Travel and Logistics Coordinator is a member of the Travel and Logistics Division. He/she is responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of travel and event related logistics supporting university capacity building activities, scientific conferences, and events taking place in the U.S. and in various locations in Peru; ensuring that those activities uphold CRDF Global policy and best practices in all aspects of travel and logistics implementation; identifying cost saving strategies; and assisting in the evaluation and improvement of existing standard operating procedures.
While standard operating procedures are available, the position requires occasional judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines, policies, regulations and precedents for application to specific projects, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Implements a portfolio of travel (including but not limited to airfare, lodging, meals and incidentals, ground transportation and visa) and event related logistics (including but not limited venue, catering, ground transportation, interpretation) supporting university capacity building activities, scientific conferences, and events taking place in the U.S. and in various locations in Peru.
- Provides comprehensive financial monitoring, including initiating, approving and executing routine travel and logistics-related payments, managing a CRDF Global corporate American Express card, ensuring compliance with regulations, policies and best practices, and maintaining and updating electronic records and databases.
- Provides high quality, timely support to internal and external customers.
- Assists with onboarding/training of new staff.
- Communicate with in-country partners based in Peru.
- Frequent travel to Peru to provide onsite support to events.
- Must operate to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Be accountable for performance to goals and objective of the position as set by leadership.
- Be a reliable member of the team that the organization can count on.
- Treat all people in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Seeks to achieve shared understandings when communicating.
- Actively listens to others.
- Respects and encouraged diverse perspectives.
- Shares information openly and willingly.
- Two years of relevant work experience in project support, administrative and travel and/or event logistics management.
- Prior relevant work experience in South/Latin America required (Peru preferred).
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- One year work experience in an international organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Experience in budget development and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions, organizations and suppliers/vendors.
- Demonstrated project management skills (work breakdown structure), project planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project) and ability to work with other programs (Adobe Acrobat) and databases.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Solid critical thinking, writing and editing skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds at all levels within the organization.
- Strong time management skills and ability to deliver services on time, on budget and in accordance with funder expectations.
- Understanding of federal regulations and related requirements.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- U.S. work authorization.
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.