Search for Common Ground is seeking a full-time intern to assist its Asia Regional Team (ART) in all business development activities. The objective of this internship programme is to provide the Intern with the following knowledge and skills:
- Peacebuilding and conflict transformation methodologies and programming
- Knowledge of the work of institutional donors on the topic of peacebuilding
- Experience developing proposals for Search’s countries in Asia for institutional donors
- Skills to better organize and prioritize own work, time management
- Understanding of global funding instruments and funding research
- Expand network in Brussels
Progress against the learning objectives will be monitored by the Intern and their Supervisor. The learning objectives and/or tasks may be modified during the internship if this is deemed appropriate by both parties.
Business development (80%)
- Conduct daily desk research on funding opportunities and to support capture planning processes
- Update key program development tools and trackers
- Support writing of applications and other business development related tasks such as capacity statements or project briefs (e.g. editing, filing and archiving, compiling of documents)
Other Support (20%)
- Represent Search at events relevant to our program work and report back to the relevant field teams
- Provide urgent, needs-based support on content research for the ART team and overall organisation.
- Provide general administrative support, including an update of relevant databases, worksheets, and trackers
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or in the pursuit of a university degree - preferably in international relations, conflict studies, development studies, political science or similar;
- Knowledge of institutional donors of institutional decision-making procedures;
- Prior (volunteering) experience in related field would be an asset;
- Research skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication in English and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a demanding environment.
This position will close on March 8th, 2019
- Requirement for internship: Candidates will be accepted for this internship as part of their studies.
- Duration: Must be available for at least 20 hours per week for a period of at least 4 months from March 2019 onwards; candidates available for a full time internship are preferred.
- Compensation: The internship provider will pay to the intern a minimal monthly allowance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org