This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a member of the CNN Politics product design team you'll drive design from early-stage feature discovery through usability testing, final delivery, and launch. You'll work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with product management, engineering, editorial, and research teams to create innovative, feature-rich election data-based experiences at scale. Comfort working in a lean/agile workflow and a relentless focus on collaborating with product and engineering teams to develop use-cases and high-level requirements will be required.
- Utilize user-centered research, discovery and design methodologies to define and visualize product-related hypotheses and recommendations
- Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build shared understanding, and reinforce the development of use cases and high-level requirements
- Create storyboards, user flows, and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and thoroughly communicate detailed user behaviors Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements
- Analyze user interface problems and prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements Work within and contribute to a component-based visual design system, delivering meticulous, high-fidelity design deliverables to development teams
- Support editorial and event-driven initiatives, with requirement to cover election events and participate in digital election rehearsal data simulations
- 7+ years experience as a user-experience designer in an Agile-driven product environment
- Bachelor's degree in design, user experience, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design solutions to real-world business cases Knowledge/mastery of best-practices of information architecture, usability principles and testing techniques
- Experience with editorial design, data visualization and/or map-based interaction design preferred
- Strong interest in politics and political news a plus
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to break down complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work pro-actively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, and Abstract
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org