EU User Support Supervisor. London. Posting Date: 03/20/2019. Deadline: 04/03/2019
The Open Society is seeking an EU User Support Supervisor based in London .
EU User Support Supervisor is responsible for managing the regional support team and provide a high level of support to users. Duties include: acting according to their best knowledge in helping users solving IT related problems, perform their tasks promptly and precisely, and to assure proper usage and protection of relevant devices.Responsibilities for the role may include the following:
Key Role Interactions
- Manage overall user support operations and ensure that user support team is appropriately scheduled to support daily tasks within the EU offices. Coordinate conference and meeting events; continuously monitor events calendar and ensure that all IT related equipment and services are prepared
- Project manage small to medium scale Windows roll-outs, software implementations and upgrades, hardware upgrade and migrations
- Serve as liaison/escalation point between all external points of contact and US user support team including: Ops Team, IT Director, Application team, users etc.
- Support application team for rollout of new software by creating "rollout map" for user support team
- Participate in and serve as a liaison between the IT department and user groups
- Support video conferences among OSI offices, including but not limited to New York, Budapest, London, Washington and Baltimore offices
- Provide support to telecommuters /traveling staff in accessing office applications from home offices and remote locations via Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Provide s pecial user support - supporting users and requests, which are beyond the daily routine, which are urgent, and/or need higher professional expertise and experience
- Handle rented IT equipment, keeps database up-to-date, performs biweekly inventory on rented equipment, reports to IT director
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of user support activity by analyzing data provided by ticketing system.
- Coordinate global user support with all OSF offices, especially during "fallover" points within global offices to create a "18/5" environment.
EU User Support Supervisor has key interactions with the following roles. These are guidelines only and do not reflect all possible interactions
- Server/Network Specialists: Refers for professional advice and guidance
- Application Development Team: Refers requests and problems related to back office applications
- Facilities Management: Coordinates moving IT fixed assets and inventory changes
- Senior IT Staff in other OSF offices: Refers and coordinates global projects and tasks
- Head of Operations: Refers for conflict resolution, general coordination and regular reporting
- minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the information technology field
- minimum of 1 year of management experience
- demonstrating project management skills in accordance with time and budget
- demonstrated technical skills in client/server environments (Microsoft), technical support and troubleshooting
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- an orientation toward customer service and responsiveness
- ability to operate under stressful conditions
- courtesy, empathy, patience
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.