Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with a mind for strategy and a heart for people? Join us as a Senior Programs Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Senior Programs Manager in Vietnam, you will serve as the site’s senior representative for humanitarian programming. Your expertise will help to create a favorable environment for continued fiscal support from critical donor organizations. Continued funding leads to continued opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides professional representation of Samaritan’s Purse at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners. Actively engages with these and other valuable contacts to increase support for Samaritan’s Purse programming.
- Acts as a liaison with donor agencies: WFP, USAID, UNICEF, etc. Identifies and maintains awareness of potential funding sources for ongoing and potential Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- Supervises and mentors the Program Development Officer and Program Managers in writing proposals and program budgets, monitoring program implementation and financial expenditures, and evaluating ongoing and new activities.
- Oversees and leads grants implementation, management, and reporting compliance with donor agreements and internal proposals.
- Performs field assessments, identifies needs, and designs appropriate response programs in coordination with the Country Director, Area Coordinator and area Program Managers.
- Assists with set-up of new field programs, including financial, logistical, personnel, and onsite support.
- Makes regular visits to field sites to provide field staff support, address programmatic challenges, and explore potential program possibilities.
- Assists site leadership in the establishment and implementation of appropriate administrative, human resource, legal, financial, and program policies.
- Assists and backstops site leadership in oversight of day to day operations, including site visits by outside visitors, financial reporting and management, staff development, human resource issues, base oversight, and compliance with donor agreements.
- Provides leadership and professional development opportunities for teams.
- Maintains organizational and operational policies and procedures of Samaritan's Purse.
- Delivers presentations to professional, social, and peer groups as required.
- Assists site leadership in fostering spiritual support, encouragement, and growth amongst all staff.
- In the absence of site leadership, serves as the chief representative of Samaritan’s Purse-Vietnam and oversees all finances, administration, programs, assets, and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of one year related international work experience (Asian experience preferred, but not required); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with leadership in a humanitarian context is required.
- Demonstrated project, people, and financial management skills.
- Experience with humanitarian response in an urban context, preferred.
- Previous experience with Disaster Relief is desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Previous experience in proposal writing and administration for donors (such as USAID, UNICEF, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Ability to comfortably work with government, church, and community leaders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Works well in a diverse team in a pressured environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in a high-stress environment.
- Spiritual maturity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org