The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Development Assistant plays a key role in supporting the Development department’s general operations, donation tracking and acknowledgement, donor outreach and stewardship and event and communication support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of operational duties on a daily basis, as well as manage special projects and Board meeting preparation
- Manage donations including data tracking, maintenance of contacts, verification of revenue to ensure database information is correct and up-to-date
- Support effective donor stewardship operation, including donor acknowledgements, list management for event invitations, event support, research and outreach
- Serve as liaison between the Development team and the functional/project teams to improve inter-department communication to support fundraising
- Manage recurring department meetings (such as weekly cabinet meetings, revenue meetings, Development staff meeting, etc.,) preparing pre-meeting and post meetings notes and memorandum, booking conference rooms and confirming attendance of key stakeholders
- Manage shell accounts for select senior leadership, board members, and co-chairs to provide enhanced stewardship and a more streamlined communication funnel
- Prepare and process departmental invoices for submission to Finance department
Work with team members to prepare briefing materials for meetings with Board Members, donors, and prospective funders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous scheduling experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency with MS Office – in particular, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment
- Works well independently, and as part of a team
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references. Please include the title of this job, Development Assistant, in the subject line of the application email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org