The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Each year, WFP assists some 80 million people in around 80 countries.
Almost exclusively financed by public institutions and facing an unprecedented number of large-scale crises (L3/L2) WFP is suffering shortcuts in multiple operations. Regrettably the lack of awareness of civil society about the global humanitarian situation hinder WFP advocacy work aiming governments.
Paris WFP Office is seeking to increase awareness and highlight the role of WFP in humanitarian emergencies and resilience programs. To pursue this effort, Paris WFP office will hire an intern to assist the communications officer in her efforts to raise WFP’s profile for the French market. He/she will especially focus on preparing an exhibition in the framework of the Emergency Social Safety Net Program ESSN campaign funded by the EU in Turkey. The duration of the internship is 5 months starting as soon as possible.
- Provide support for event organization and coordination. Link with the relevant stakeholders and counterparts.
- Provide coordination and administrative support for the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
- Social media: Develop and produce content for WFP French social media channels, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards. Translate and adapt relevant content to the French audience.
- Monitoring: Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Assist with production of newsletter, factsheets, brochures and printed material.
- Assist with press relations, maintain records and databases, such as journalists and media outlet contact lists, to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access.
- Help with translations if needed.
- Other if required.
Education: Master’s Degree level in communications and/or political sciences, international relations. At the time of application, candidates must be currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or have graduated in the past six months. Candidate must have attended university courses in the past twelve months.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of international organizations, international and humanitarian issues.
- Good understanding of French politics, new ODA orientations in the frame of France’s new humanitarian policy.
- Experience in communications, including social media management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in French and in English.
- Team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills, able to work independently.
- Previous experience with government, UN bodies or relevant NGOs in communications.
- Experience in event management.
- Good command of Adobe Indesign, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Good command of hootsuite, facebook business manager, twitter ads, google analytics, mailchimp.
Languages: Excellent level in French and English is required, an additional UN language is an asset.
Closing date: 31 March 2019
VA reference no: 104486
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org