Tuvli, an Akima, LLC company is an agile and innovative technology company aggressively pursuing a leadership in dynamic markets that support the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and federal civilian agencies.We continually seek motivated people with professional skills and work experience in an extremely wide range of employment fields—from systems engineering and modernization, to IT and cyber security to support personnel for virtually every business operation for today’s military installations. We are a military friendly employer that strongly encourages veterans to bring their relevant experience and expertise on board. What unites us is a passion to deliver the very best value to every Tuvli customer every day we’re on the job.
The Office of U.S. Foreign Assistance Resources (F) is responsible for directing the transformation of the U.S. Government’s approach to foreign assistance. Its objective is to ensure the strategic and effective use of foreign assistance resources to respond to global needs, make the world safer, and help people better their own lives.
Working within the U.S. Department of State’s Office of the Director of Foreign Assistance (F), the Functional Issues Coordinator serves as the lead for F on issues and programs related to certain functional bureaus. The position will cover three broad areas:
1. Serves as the primary F point of contact for selected State and USAID functional or pillar bureaus and other offices that request and receive foreign assistance funds.
- Ensures bureaus are compliant with F requirements.
- Provides guidance to bureaus on budget formulation, execution, and other related processes.
- Reviews and advises on programs, strategy, and program planning.
- Prepares analyses of Bureau/offices programs and budgets.
- Advises F leadership on issues related to client bureaus
2. Serves as the expert on the programs and funding issues of those bureaus and offices within and for the Interagency community.
- Plays a central role in tracking and analyzing client bureau/office funding and programs at both the budget formulation and budget execution stages, as well as throughout the year.
- Based on knowledge of programs and the budget process, develops solutions to meet funding requirements within budget constraints.
- Tracks and analyzes legislation related to the programs of the client bureaus/offices.
- Assists with strategy development at the country, regional, and global level.
- Initiates dialogue affecting foreign assistance programs and policies for the client bureaus/offices.
- Provides guidance to other parts of F on the programs and processes of the client bureaus/offices.
- Conducts outreach and maintains relations with stakeholders within and outside the U.S. Government, including the interagency and Congress.
- Prepares analysis related to the programs of the client bureaus/offices.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- College Degree.
- Knowledge of international relations.
- Knowledge of USG foreign policy and familiarity with Department of State and/or USAID.
- Knowledge of USG foreign assistance programs and institutions and familiarity with the federal budget process.
- Ability to analyze data and present it in a concise understandable format.
- Ability to work independently and to interact effectively with colleagues at many levels of multiple bureaucracies.
- Ability to build consensus among and resolve differences between parties with different interests and perspectives.
- Skills in oral and written communication to prepare recommendations and reports, provide guidance, solicit information and propose solutions.
- Develop spreadsheets and databases.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org