The Atlantic Council seeks a smart, self-starting organizer and communicator to provide high-level support for the organization’s Executive Vice President.
The EVP serves as the deputy to the President and CEO, as chief program officer, and as an external principal engaging key communities across government and business. As such, the executive assistant must be a force-multiplier with high standards to help the EVP engage the Council across all its work. The executive assistant will manage the EVP’s schedule, assist in project management of some of the organization’s most important initiatives, and represent the EVP to high-level external and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, international environment. The candidate must be mature, exceptionally organized and reliable, and capable of balancing and executing on multiple priorities at once. The Executive Assistant will report to the EVP through the Chief of Staff and be an integral member of the Executive Office team.
- Organize executive meetings, working meals, and extensive domestic and international travel.
- Manage EVP’s short-term and long-term schedule, coordinating across the organization so that meetings are effective, well-prepared, and on time.
- Provide operational, logistical, and administrative support for EVP-led projects, events, and activities, working closely with the relevant offices.
- Serve as EVP liaison for internal and external offices; help organize EVP management of programs and centers.
- Coordinate with Executive Office and Office of External Relations on board and development activities, and track EVP donor-related engagement in Salesforce.
- Draft, edit, and proofread internal and external correspondence, including e-mail traffic and social media.
- Maintain filing system, both physical and digital. Maintain contacts database.
- Submitting expense reports and timesheets on time.
- Consolidate, edit, and conduct background research as needed for meeting preparation, speeches, articles, and Congressional testimonies.
- Work with the chief of staff as part of the executive office team to coordinate Council-wide management operations, including overseeing the agenda for monthly all-staff meetings, helping coordinate internal communications, and managing the end of year metrics processes.
- BA or MA in international relations, business, journalism, or related field;
- More than 2 years of relevant work experience supporting a principal or managing office processes;
- Knowledge of executive office operations, organizational decision making, calendar and e-mail management, and scheduling;
- Demonstrated ability in project management with exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to edit and to write quickly and clearly;
- Ability to work independently and within a team across the organization; ability to effectively delegate, coordinate, and motivate across seniority levels;
- Positive, flexible, get-it-done attitude;
- Professional presence, including effectively interfacing with senior government and business leaders;
- Willingness and ability to work on late evenings or weekends, as necessary, and travel internationally;
- Multi-cultural experience or background, non-English fluency, and/or interest in international affairs and the Council’s mission is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org