The International Press Institute (IPI), the global network of editors, journalists and media executives for press freedom, is currently looking for a Membership Community Manager to lead the organization‘s efforts to grow and support its global community of members.
The Membership Community Manager will be responsible for coordinating and growing IPI’s global membership, within the terms stated by the IPI Constitution and on the basis of the decisions of the IPI Executive Board. Candidates should have experience managing membership/stakeholder programmes, ideally in a journalism-related field, as well as developing and implementing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) schemes and other structures to support such a programme.
Key tasks will include:
• Develop and implement an entrepreneurial strategy for engaging with existing members and cultivating new members, with a goal of widening and diversifying the existing network.
• In consultation with IPI’s partners and members, develop programmes offering relevant opportunities and benefits for the IPI network.
• Manage the resources that IPI provides to its members/National Committees and strategic partners.
• Identify opportunities for engaging with existing members and bringing in new members/National Committees outside of IPI’s regular initiatives.
• Serve as the focal point within the IPI staff regarding involvement with membership outreach and communication according to areas of expertise, with an aim toward ensuring that member engagement is a central part of IPI’s campaigns and programmes.
• Manage IPI’s communication with members on various platforms, including editing and managing the production of IPI’s membership newsletter, and developing online resources for members.
• Represent IPI in front of its members and in the community, including at public events when relevant.
• Develop and deliver engagement initiatives such as events and recognition schemes.
• Contribute to the programme and communication strategy of IPI’s annual World Congress to promote and facilitate members’ participation and engagement and lead on its implementation.
• Gather, monitor and respond to members’ requests and feedback.
• Optimize the membership and CRM systems to best serve both IPI and our members.
• Line-manage and supervise the work of one Membership Officer.
• Work closely with the Development and Programmes manager to identify opportunities for membership involvement within programmatic work.
• Monitor membership trends and produce both quantitative and qualitative analysis of the programme on a regular basis.
• Work closely with the senior management team to ensure that the membership programme remains central to the strategic direction of IPI as a whole.
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
• At least 3-5 years working in a membership and public engagement role.
• Strong familiarity with journalism, free speech and the media industry or related field preferred. Experience working with non-governmental organizations is also a plus.
• Familiarity with advocacy-related communications (desirable).
• Experience growing and developing a programme or scheme and reaching new audiences.
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, including proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of stakeholders, and to produce information and data to support that communication.
• Experience with CRM management, ensuring that individuals’ information is stored in line with data protection guidelines and that all member details are kept up-to-date and error-free.
• Experience developing insights and recommendations from data, and the ability to develop these into initiatives and projects.
• Excellent English ability. Additional language skills are welcome.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
• Knowledgeable: Strong knowledge of and keen interest in journalism, press freedom and free expression.
• Articulate and creative communicator: Ability to communicate effectively across different audiences, with cultural sensitivity, and to forge strong relationships with all levels of staff and stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Positive, hard-working and enthusiastic: Confident and keen to contribute to a productive team environment at a fast and demanding pace.
• Skilled problem solver: Finding ways to get things done and always looking for ways to improve.
• Reliable: Ability to adapt to constantly developing circumstances and challenges and able to prioritize effectively.
Please submit your application, including a CV (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter, to Helena Soares at [email protected] by April 23, 2019. Please include the names and contact information for at least two references.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, which can be conducted at IPI’s offices in Vienna, or via Skype. Kindly note that IPI is unable to reimburse travel costs for those wishing to have an in-person interview in Vienna.
For further information about IPI, please visit our website: https://ipi.media/careers/
The location for this position is Vienna, Austria, at IPI’s headquarters. All nationalities are eligible to apply. A successful candidate who is not a citizen of the European Union/European Economic Area will be eligible for a work permit in Austria.
Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. Net (take-home) salaries are paid 14 times per year in accordance with Austrian employment law. Benefits include participation in the Austrian national health, pension and workplace accident insurance schemes. The salaries of IPI employees are not subject to income tax in Austria.
Holiday allowance is 25 days per year, in addition to Austrian national holidays.
Please note that a successful candidate who is not an Austrian citizen and is not an Austrian resident in the time period immediately leading up to employment at IPI will have the option to waive participation in the Austrian national health and pension schemes.
The International Press Institute (IPI) is a global network of editors, journalists and media executives who share a common dedication to quality, independent journalism. Together, we promote the conditions that allow journalism to fulfil its public function, the most important of which is the media’s ability to operate free from interference and without fear of retaliation.
Our mission is to defend media freedom and the free flow of news wherever they are threatened.