The position is responsible for supporting SC Johnson’s efforts to influence U.S. public policy impacting SC Johnson’s business and operations, and for maintaining effective working relationship with officials and staff of various branches of government, as well as other individuals who may influence the development of public policy.
Based in Washington, DC, this role will be responsible for supporting SC Johnson’s government relations program, primarily at the U.S. federal level. The individual will work with the Government Relations team to achieve favorable outcomes to federal policy proposals and will work to optimize the company’s profile and visibility with policy-makers and agencies.
In support of business objectives, the role requires:
- Monitoring and researching federal legislation and regulation (e.g., EPA, CPSC, OSHA) impacting the company, evaluating these impacts with input from business units, and assisting with the development and implementation of influencing strategies to protect and promote company interests or reputation.
- Working closely with business teams and various departments (e.g., Public Affairs, Law, RD&E, Regulatory Affairs, Human Resources, Product Supply) on a range of projects and initiatives.
- Actively engaged in SC Johnson’s involvement in trade associations and with relevant industry stakeholder groups and coalitions to manage industry issues relevant to the company.
- Assist with administration of the company’s federal political action committee, to include providing input to candidate contribution recommendations and annual fundraising solicitations, and periodically representing the company at political fundraising events.
- Participate in SC Johnson’s visible presences in Washington, DC, including attending public events, social functions, and political events, and working to cultivate and maintain effective relationships on behalf of the company with key officials, agencies and thought leaders in Washington, DC.
Bachelor’s degree is required in business, international relations, communications, government affairs or related field. Graduate degree is helpful, but not required.
Minimum of five years of experience in Congress, Corporate Government Relations, or related-industry Trade Association.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org