Founded in Brussels in 1983, CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies) is a leading think tank and forum for debate on EU affairs, which has been consistently ranked among the top 10 world’s best think tanks.
CEPS’ distinguishing features include its strong in-house research capacity and an extensive international network of partner institutes. CEPS’ funding comes from a variety of sources, mainly research grants, public procurement, but also from membership and conference fees.
The Head of Communications and Events manages the media, stakeholder, external and internal communications channels of CEPS, ensures the smooth running of its events and pre-event marketing, supervises the relevant membership communications, safeguards CEPS’ brand and visual representations, ensures the continuous upkeep of our CRM database, and implements a crisis communications plan when the need arises.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an integrated strategic communication strategy to support the achievement of the organisation’s key goals and strategic objectives by enlisting the support of the media, European policy and opinion makers, political leaders, academic institutions, public sector and private organisations;
- Develop and refine core messaging to members and stakeholders to ensure organisational consistency in all aspects of communication, including publications;
- CEPS’ websites: work with the editing team and CEO to exercise editorial control over the website contents and provide advice to units running separate project websites;
- Social media management: oversee the design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of a social media strategy and plan that includes the production of relevant, original and high-quality content;
- Oversee the development of materials, messaging and image required to achieve these objectives.
- Work with and guide the leading research unit to plan the promotion of project events they are organising;
- Ideas Lab: responsible for all the communications aspects linked to this event.
- Assess brand recognition of CEPS, identify key challenges and opportunities and make recommendations to continually improve the CEPS brand;
- Regularly review, update, ensure knowledge of and monitor compliance with branding guidelines,
Press relations and the media
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media representatives and maximise media opportunities;
- Increase the number of references of CEPS on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Ensure that the CRM database fully meets CEPS’ needs for speaker, stakeholder and membership management, media relations and potential membership outreach.
People and Financial Management responsibilities
- Manage and further develop the capabilities and potential of the CEPS Communications, Membership and Events team;
- Manage and optimally use the financial resources available (includes budget planning, management, monitoring and reporting).
- You have at least 8-10 years of proven experience and knowledge in EU policy communications, preferably covering a wide range of policy areas;
- You have experience in managing an extensive network of external agencies in web development, social media, campaign organisation and event management;
- You have proven technical knowledge in web design, social media and CRM;
- You have experience in stakeholder engagements and outreach;
- You have experience in membership outreach and communications;
- You have experience in organising small to large scale events;
- You have an excellent command of English, both orally and in writing, in addition to full competency in at least one other European language.
- Ability to come up with a long-term vision and bring the entire organisation towards it;
- Ability to motivate and manage people in a matrix and cross-cultural organisation;
- Ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels;
- Strong sense of diplomacy;
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all external stakeholders and CEPS staff;
- Ability to create and maintain high-level networks.
What CEPS can offer
We offer full-time, indefinite contract. The salary will be in accordance with your previous experience as well as the CEPS salary scale. We also offer a benefits package (group & hospitalisation insurance, meal tickets, public transport reimbursement, 20 days legal holiday entitlement per year plus additional days when CEPS is closed during the Christmas-New Year period). We would like the preferred candidate to start her/his activities around the beginning of July.
Career development prospects
CEPS offers a Learning and Development Programme for all staff to develop the necessary skills for their position.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Sally Scott, Director of Finance and Administration email: [email protected].
Applications should include a letter of motivation, indicating your salary expectations, and a curriculum vitae, both in English. For the CV, please use the Europass template (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/). They should be e-mailed to [email protected] by 24 April 2019 with ‘Head of Communications and Events’ in the subject line. Interviews are provisionally foreseen to take place in Brussels on 16 May 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org