Macfadden seeks a Policy Specialist to support USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/FFP is a U.S. Government office that provides life-saving food assistance and supports longer-term development activities that mitigate chronic food insecurity. The Policy Specialist will provide dedicated support to USAID/FFP’s U.S. Policy and Partnerships Team through a variety of tasks that facilitate the team’s engagement with domestic stakeholders, including Congress, audit and oversight bodies, the private sector and humanitarian partner organizations.
Solicitation will close on May 3, 2019.
Responsibilities of the U.S. Policy Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
1. Draft talking points, briefing memos, responses to congressional queries, and other documents that clearly convey USAID/FFP’s policy priorities and programs for a variety of audiences.
2. Coordinate USAID/FFP responses to government audits and investigations.
3. Support USAID/FFP working groups related to risk management and internal controls.
4. Track and analyze relevant legislation and monitor Congressional hearings and mark-up sessions.
5. Support the development of policy guidance and proposals relating to humanitarian food assistance.
6. Participate in and take notes for meetings with interagency and international organization representatives.
7. Support USAID/FFP’s private sector engagement efforts through participation in meetings, outreach efforts, and other activities.
8. Analyze UN partner reports and audits pertaining to USAID/FFP programming.
9. Track USAID/FFP oversight and audit issues and support USAID/FFP’s engagement with oversight entities.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org