The intern works with the Coordinator on the topics of Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance. A part of the internship is also carried out in cooperation with other colleagues. Furthermore, as is common for all ETUCE employees, help with other practical tasks in the office is expected.
On topics of Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance:
- Support the monitoring of the development of the EU education, economic, labour market and social policies;
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of the Education Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee meetings;
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external notes on labour market policy, economic policy and governance and social dialogue within the EU;
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of conferences and seminars including drawing-up of reports and minutes;
- Assist in the implementation of ETUCE projects on social dialogue and on economic governance;
- Prepare newsletter articles and other information tasks;
- Accomplish varying office tasks.
As an intern at ETUCE it is required that you:
- are following an education programme and have a bachelor/undergraduate degree from a university or are well underway with your university studies;
- possess high level English skills, both orally and in writing, while knowledge of French is welcome;
- have an interest in education and labour market policy, union policy and EU policy;
- are thoroughly versed in EU institutions and work processes;
- have good information and communication skills.224 06 91.
Terms of Employment
The internship position is on a full time basis. Interns are entitled to a reasonable financial contribution, a monthly local transport pass and the flight/train ticket (economy/second class) to/from Brussels at the beginning and end of the internship. Interns are covered under ETUCE’s travel and accidental insurance plans during their internship period.
The application must be in English and is to be sent before 19 April 2019.
For further information about the positions, please contact the ETUCE Secretariat at the email address above or at this number +32 2 224 06 91.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org