One Sky Foundation works to support vulnerable children and their families. One Sky is based in Sangkhlaburi, Thailand, a diverse border town where a proliferation of illegal private children’s homes has fueled the separation of many children from their parents. Our research has confirmed that poverty, instability and a lack of basic rights among the local population are the main drivers causing the separation of children from their families. Migrant families from Myanmar are particularly vulnerable to separation due to unstable daily work and unlivable salaries.
One Sky is dedicated to building effective Family Support services so that more children are able to live safely and well with their own families. Most of our staff are local people familiar with local culture and fluent in local languages. They are eager to develop their social work skills.
• To provide structured daily supervision to a team of community workers striving to provide effective services to vulnerable children and their families. (It must be stressed that some cases are highly stressful and that available resources are minimal).
• To work alongside the management team providing technical expertise to further improve our case management system in ways that will remain in place after you leave.
• To assist in the review and strengthening of our child protection policies and their implementation.
One Sky is looking for an exceptional Social Worker to help us in the development of the team’s overall ability to provide effective family support services. We are also looking for expertise that can help us to build an effective gate keeping model that can be proven and rolled out nationally in Thailand. The successful candidate will:
• Be highly motivated and flexible.
• Patient and calm in challenging circumstances.
• Be able to share and develop good practice in child protection and case management.
• Have a demonstrable understanding of psychosocial support and how to use this approach with vulnerable children of varied ages. (You will use your skills alongside our team so that they can earn from you).
• Be willing to take on a case management and supervisory role to our team with a nurturing and positive approach relevant to a development setting.
• Be a strong and adaptable problem solver.
• Be willing to commit to a 12 month contract living in a remote area of Thailand.
• Be an effective communicator able to transcend language and cultural barriers to share learning.
• Be fully committed to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the United Nations Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children.
• Be able to provide strong references and an up to date Basic Disclosure (CRB check).
• You must be able to work to a professional level in English writing and speaking. Thai language skills will be an advantage.
In return One Sky will provide:
• The chance to work closely alongside a small team of dedicated Thai community workers in a remote and challenging border area of Thailand and to make a long lasting investment in their development as social workers.
• We are a tight team working in challenging circumstances, for likeminded social workers this is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a team within which you will form life long bonds, your role will be much more than a job.
• An opportunity for immersion in a diverse border area culture that will challenge and change your own personal perspectives.
• A local senior social worker salary (enough for a comfortable local existence) for exceptional candidates we are open to negotiation within the limits of our budget.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org