The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Temporary Manager, Global Programs and Field Engagement
The Global Programs and Field Engagement Department connects UNICEF USA to UNICEF programs worldwide, supporting resource mobilization efforts including program information, proposal and report development; management of field visits and engagement; and building staff knowledge about UNICEF.
Reporting to the Acting Deputy Director, the Manager contributes to the mission and fulfillment of divisional goals and assisting in organizational matters related to UNICEF programs, strategies and operations, UNICEF relations, program coherence and fundraising and grassroots initiatives.The assignment will last from mid-May until the end of November 2019 with possible extension.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Create well-written content for proposals, reports, program statements and support drafting of organizational messaging tools
- Generate funding strategies and ideas to engage major donors, corporate partners and others
- Develop and increase knowledge in UNICEF’s work in an area of country, regional and program expertise
- Ensure all requests completed are of the highest quality and work products delivered in a timely manner
- Prepare, develop and disseminate documentation in support of the department’s goals (e.g., program reports, proposals, one-pagers, materials for donor visits)
- Assist with special projects for the division, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of international development and the United Nations system
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve stated goals
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with independence; ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be a motivated, enthusiastic team player who embraces the mission of UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org