Foreign Policy for America (FP4A) is a national organization advocating for principled American engagement in the world. Together with our members and partners, we promote sound policies, hold elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elect champions for our values. The Foreign Policy for America family of organizations includes FP Action Network, our federal political action committee, and Foreign Policy for America Foundation, our 501(c)(3) educational arm. The Communications Director is a permanent position. FP4A advocates for foreign policy that keeps Americans safe and out of conflicts, promotes shared prosperity, and is true to our country’s values.
The Communications Director is responsible for ensuring FP4A speaks in a clear and consistent voice and reaches a diverse, expanding audience.
- Design and implement an earned media strategy that generates coverage to advance FP4A’s advocacy agenda, highlights the voices of FP4A Advisory Board members and other issue experts, and raises the profile of the organization. Liaise with media.
- Lead rapid response efforts to major breaking news, with a focus on Iran, North Korea, and nuclear arms control, including facilitating expert briefings for media and issuing press releases.
- Design and lead implementation of a digital communications strategy that builds the organization’s reach and influence through the strategic use of social media tools and e-mail, and projects a strong brand identity through the maintenance of websites.
- Develop written and other content, together with the Advocacy Director, to communicate our values and advocate for sound policy. Reinforce the organization’s editorial voice across all products.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for FP4A Advisory Board members, facilitating opportunities to publicly advocate for principled American engagement in the world.
- Contribute to organization-wide strategic planning and assist with other projects as assigned.
- Salary in the range of $80,000 - 100,000; includes benefits package. Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience. Applicants with less experience will be considered and the position can be adapted accordingly.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, entrepreneurial thinker with established media relationships, social media skills, and understanding of Capitol Hill.
- Work experience: At least 5-7 years of related experience with congressional offices, political campaigns, advocacy organizations, or media outlets. Experience working with team members. Experience using social media to achieve organizational goals.
- Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills including ability to collaborate effectively with senior policy experts. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capabilities: Solid judgment, strategic thinking, a sense of teamwork and community, ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to function in a demanding and fast paced environment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and interest in Congress and foreign policy. Familiarity with foreign policy issues is a plus. Strong understanding of changing media landscape is essential.
Send a cover letter and resume with "Communications Director" in the subject line no later than May 1, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Foreign Policy for America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org