A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Proposal Writer/Managers are a central part of the U.S. Government - Defense/Intelligence Business Development team at Palantir. Our team secures new business opportunities through formal Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) procurement processes, and our work is critical to the success of our DoD and IC business. We are deeply motivated by that mission.
On any given day, Proposal Writer/Managers are managing proposals for new contracts, developing technical narratives explaining our software's architecture, or drafting program-specific market research to help inform procurement processes. We are a lean team and each of us contributes as needed to any given project; sometimes you will be responsible for drafting extensive technical content for a proposal, and other times you will step up to lead the overall proposal effort. As such, “writer” and “manager” are not separate roles on our team.
- Manage complex software proposals (responses to RFPs, RPPs, and RFQs) and pre-proposal documents (responses to RFIs, RWPs, etc) in accordance with DoD, IC and internal procurement processes. As part of this process, you will collaborate closely with Business Development, Engineering, and Legal teams.
- Write clear, concise, compelling proposals, including executive summaries, technical narratives, responses to granular technical requirements, and management plans. You will write for a variety of audiences, including contracting officers, proposal evaluators, senior leadership, and others.
- Develop deep expertise in Palantir products and their use cases.
- After mastering the above core responsibilities, members of our team often contribute additional skills to our projects depending upon their experience and interests. Some examples of projects include improving and streamlining our proposal infrastructure, designing infographics and technical diagrams, researching new early stage business opportunities, and developing new communications strategies to convey Palantir's value for customers.
What We Value
- Demonstrated project management skills, including an ability to flex between short documents with tight timelines and longer collaborative proposals.
- Ability to translate technical concepts or jargon into compelling, concise writing.
- Intellectual curiosity, including the ability to quickly teach oneself technical concepts and operate in a highly technical environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity, including being able to take on different roles as needed, operate in a flat organizational structure, and independently discover solutions.
- Experience building and managing internal relationships across a range of business areas and developing strong collaborative working environments.
- 2+ years of experience in a role that requires extensive (50%+ of role) writing and project management.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS/JD/MBA/PhD) or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong interest in writing and technology. Our current team reflects a wide range of backgrounds, including focuses in hard sciences, business, law, humanities, and social sciences.
- An active security clearance at Secret level or higher is an asset, but is not required.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.