The Grant Compliance Assistant reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and works closely with the Global Initiative for Justice, Truth and Reconciliation (GIJTR) team supporting the day-to-day financial administration of the program, with a particular focus on maintaining financial records, coordinating logistics in accordance with program objectives, verifying all direct Program expenditure, and reconciling all accounts for the Program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and track GIJTR partners’ financial reports
- Track all payment requests for consultants, vendors and sub-grantees
- Assist with preparation for annual audits and compliance visits.
- Support the development of quarterly narrative and financial reports for donors.
- Support the reconciliation of staff travel expenses, disbursement of per diems and processing stipends for international workshop participants.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
- A proven track record of working in a non-profit environment as a bookkeeper, finance assistant or similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and automated accounting systems is strongly preferred.
- Numerical competence, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Russian, or another language from a region where the Coalition does significant work is a plus.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Interested candidates please send cover letter indicating salary requirements along with a resume by email only with the subject line Grant Compliance Assistant. No phone calls, please. The Coalition can respond only to candidates whose experience qualifies them for an interview. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org