The Global Connections (GC) department is a leader in designing innovative international exchanges that promote leadership, professional development, academic opportunities and global collaboration. GC projects help emerging leaders from around the world develop their skills, make valuable global contacts and gain a deeper understanding of each other’s societies and cultures. GC programs are enriched by staff expertise in adult and youth learning approaches, a wide range of disciplines and sectors, and our extensive experience in every aspect of project design, implementation and evaluation.
Sports diplomacy programs are an effective way to engage priority audiences, including at-risk youth, women, minorities, people with disabilities, and non-English speakers. The Sports Visitor and Sports Envoy Programs (SVSEP) use sports to support U.S. foreign policy goals and promote key U.S. values on and off the field about the importance of education, community engagement, and respect for diversity. The Sports Visitor Program is a sports-based international exchange that represents American excellence, leadership, and key lessons learned in sports broadly – from playgrounds to professional leagues. Sports Envoys are U.S. citizen current or retired professional and amateur athletes and coaches who travel overseas to engage audiences that do not normally have access to American sporting icons, values, and best practices. Sports Envoys lead youth clinics and team building activities, as well as share lessons learned on and off the playing field about the importance of education, community engagement, and respect for diversity.
The Communications Specialist I serves as multimedia editor and videographer on behalf of the SVSEP, with extra programming responsibilities as is appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Shoot photos, footage, editing footage into completed video, and uploading/promoting on project social media and website
- Help create original online content
- Post and help manage social media platforms, including on site during program activities.
- Package content to maximize traffic and engagement.
- Monitor and report on analytics to identify trends and boost editorial success.
- Work with client to create messaging videos.
- Collaborate efficiently with client to increase web/social media traffic, strategies for metrics, adapting new content types and platforms.
- Travel is required for each sports visitor program, approximately 8-10 programs per year, for two-week periods.
- Assist SVSEP Leadership in development of and support for program assistant team.
- Manage one or more macro-tasks such as serving as the primary liaison to key project vendors.
- Make logistical arrangements for groups of international visitors to the United States, including travel, hotels, ground transportation, catering, and coordination with local sponsors.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of project budgets; process and track project expenditures; produce financial document.
- Produce project materials, including but not limited to arrival packets, name badges and administrative documents.
- Maintain project files and database and provide general project support.
- Brief interpreters and international participants on administrative procedures and logistical arrangements pertaining to projects.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years’ experience, bachelor's degree required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy; ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Strong computer skills including use of databases and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated professionalism in written correspondence.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Experience shooting and editing videos.
- Experience using the major social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities. Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule when required.
- Must be willing to travel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org