Climate Alliance is looking for a Project Officer to join its highly motivated and multilingual Brussels team and work on EU-Covenant- and Energy Effiiency-financing-related activities. His/her tasks will include:
EU Covenant of Mayors initiative
- Organise theme-and/or country-specific capacity building activities (workshops/webinars) for Covenant signatories and other relevant partners;
- Support the implementation of the country-focused activities of the Covenant in selected EU member states (e.g. Luxembourg, France, Spain, Italy, Eastern European countries);
- Support the coordination of thematic working groups (on adaptation, energy poverty, financing);
- Support the update (and testing) of guidance materials for Covenant signatories (e.g. guidelines, reporting template, online platform) and contribute to the monitoring of the initiative’s implementation (e.g. aggregated statistics, good practice examples);
- Assist the Covenant team in any other daily activities (e.g. communication, progress reporting).
Energy Efficiency Financing
- Develop communication plans and materials for financing projects, including work with graphic design and website teams;
- Lead on event organisation for high profile international workshops and conferences;
- Liaise with the Covenant of Mayors team, Climate Alliance national coordinators and other relevant networks to support dissemination and replication activity on key financing projects.
- Assist the Climate Alliance team in any other daily activities of the association (communication, policy work, project management).
- At least 3-5 years of postgraduate professional experience;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. energy, climate change, urban planning, EU policies) - Applicants with an interdisciplinary educational background are also encouraged to apply;
- Technical knowledge of energy, local mitigation and/or climate adaptation planning and practices, financing;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask;
- Experience in event and meeting organisation;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Dynamic, pro-active and out-of-the-box thinker.
- Experience working with/for local authorities;
- Experience working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages, and able to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy when required;
- Good knowledge of EU policy in the field of climate and energy and associated EU financing instruments;
- Proficiency/very good command in other European languages;
- Experience developing project visual identity and communication material.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org