Based in Philadelphia, the Managing Director, International Relations manages the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of non-U.S. donors and prospective donors for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Cultivate and manage the Hospital’s relationships with approximately 150 non-U.S.-based individuals, including patient families, grateful grandparents, philanthropists and industry leaders who are capable of making major gifts of $250,000 and above.
- Work closely with the Executive Vice President/Chief Development Officer; Chief Executive Officer; Associate Vice President, Individual Giving; Director of Principal Gifts, Foundation colleagues and International Business Development team on prospect identification, strategy, solicitation, and stewardship. Expectations include strong preparation and good judgment about the extent to which cultivation can effectively be staff driven.
- Collaborate with Foundation colleagues, administration, physicians and volunteer leaders in developing strategies for engagement and philanthropy.
- Provide support for administration, physicians, and volunteers and accompany them on calls, where appropriate; serve as a primary resource to all international fundraising efforts. Prepare written briefings for senior leadership and physician visits with donors and prospective donors, as well as follow-up documentation and correspondence.
- Plan and manage events in the region related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Build out volunteer networks in assigned regions.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of major gifts fundraising with experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing 6-figure gifts from individual donors.
- Experience working with fundraising outside of the US.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Bi- or multi-lingual a plus.
- Proven track record of closing 6 and 7-figure gifts, preferably in a university or hospital environment.
- Strong knowledge base of all aspects of fundraising
- Personal or professional experience working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to intercultural sensitivity. An in-depth understanding and appreciation of other cultures and ability to enable successful international business interactions required.
- Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective at engaging with all levels
- Demonstrated ability to establish creditability and confidence with donors and prospective donors
- Demonstrated success in producing international trips for self and others, including ability to set itineraries and arrange meetings and travel logistics.
- Adaptability and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluency or proficiency in languages in addition to English a plus
- A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Poised and engaging, empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
- Fast-paced and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Extensive international travel required. Will require nights and/or weekend work.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org