“You are punching above your weight. You need to be louder” — common feedback from partners and donors. The Communications Manager will build and lead a communications strategy that enhances our target audiences’ understanding of and appreciation for WaterSHED’s work. This role presents a unique opportunity to help shape how we become louder about our cutting-edge work in market-based, localized development. A successful candidate would have a desire to deeply understand our audiences and channels, a curiosity about development and the WASH sector, and strong writing and media production skills. This position is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Lead development of compelling written content for our audiences by working with program and research teams to develop, write, and publish short and long-form pieces
- Support research team to copy edit, design, and produce research products
- Lead development of compelling visual content by working with the communications coordinator and contractors. This includes producing quality photography and short videos.
- Lead and manage our digital platforms including website, Twitter, Facebook, and newsletters
- Work with fundraising team to develop fundraising materials and support occasional donor visits
- Guide and support your communications coordinator to produce excellent content and materials and develop their professional skills; and manage contractors and their tasks
- Strong organizational skills, strong sense of personal responsibility, and love of teamwork
- Basic understanding of research concepts or experience working with research teams
- Comfortable using multimedia software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Premier Pro
- Five to ten years of relevant experience in communications, writing, and or marketing
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org