- Assist with research on how the EU and EU Member States address humanitarian crises, migration, forced displacement, integration and other humanitarian/development issues in their external and internal policies;
- Monitor and analyse the latest developments in the European Institutions, Member States and the media for relevant humanitarian aspects and ensure this information is shared with relevant colleagues;
- Assist in formulating and disseminating advocacy and position papers, including by liaising with NGOs, networks, etc.;
- Assist in the organisation of events, meetings and conferences, with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with preparation and attend relevant meetings.
- Graduate Degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Humanitarian Studies or a relevant field;
- Good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions and specifically of the EU’s external action and the Common European Asylum System (CEAS);
- Knowledge about the issue of refugee protection, migration policies and humanitarian aid is highly desirable. Knowledge of refugee integration policy would be considered an asset;
- Familiar with current debates on humanitarian and development issues in the EU and its relations with partner countries;
- Strong research, analysis and reporting skills, with excellent writing skills and the ability to undertake research quickly and write under pressure;
- Exceptional organisation skills, with a very good eye for detail when organising events, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan ahead and keep track of tasks;
- Strong communication skills, including excellent (spoken and written) English required, combined with workable French. Other EU languages an advantage;
- Proactive and able to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging non-profit setting.
- Master Degree in International Relations, Politics, Governance, Development, or in Public International Law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org