Winrock International seeks a savvy, ambitious and creative Visual Content Producer to join the Communications unit. With an emphasis on external and internal communications, including global field communications efforts, s/he will coordinate and deliver compelling multimedia content that showcases Winrock’s programs, people and impact. The Visual Content Producer will develop and grow Winrock’s visual communications work through coordination with field staff worldwide and content-gathering that communicates the impact Winrock and its partners have across the globe.
The role will have notable responsibilities in both logistics and visual content production, including video and photography. Candidate will need to demonstrate a strong visual eye, an ability to grasp complex policy issues and the wherewithal to reveal the human stories behind our work. This person will play an essential role in the eight-member Communications team and, like all on the team, will provide support in all areas, including media relations, public relations, event planning, and institutional and project communications.
Winrock addresses many of the world’s most critical challenges, from climate change to poverty to human trafficking and the need for clean water and sustainable agriculture. A recognized leader in U.S. and international development, Winrock focuses on social, agricultural and environmental issues and currently works in over 40 countries worldwide.
If you’re eager to use your skills to make a real difference in the world, then we’d love to meet you. At Winrock you’ll be:
· Working with some of the most talented and committed people anywhere.
· Getting a chance to see the world improving up close with roughly one international content-gathering trip per year.
· Developing your creative and logistical skills while making the planet a better place.
· Video & Still Content: Source, produce and sometimes shoot/edit short-form content to ensure a continuous flow of content for winrock.org, social accounts, internal communications channels, print communications and other comms needs.
· Third Party Content: Collaborate with program and field communications staff to source, manage and repurpose existing or new material.
· Social and Internal Media: Generate short-form shareable content across internal and external channels based on incoming or original content, including material featuring Winrock leadership.
· Internal Communications: Coordinate planning efforts with program and field communications staff (calls, trip planning, etc.) to produce internal/external content and improve internal collaboration and staff skills. Must be willing to accommodate the occasional 8 p.m. (or 7.a.m.) multi-country field call, complete with inevitable internet connectivity issues and a couple of lost-in-translation jokes.
· Databases: Oversee online visual asset system and program tracking documents.
· Strategy and Storytelling: Contribute to strategic efforts that reinforce Winrock’s overall brand and storytelling approaches.
· Event Support: Provide support on promotion, logistics, media planning, content capture and the creation and dissemination of presentation materials, including a new program to produce photo and video exhibitions.
· Staff training as needed.
Contribute in other areas where skills, passion and opportunity arise.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
· Minimum three to five years experience in media production.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels.
· Strong self-starter with outstanding organizational skills. Someone who can juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
· Knowledge of domestic and global affairs and passion for issues in international development.
· Experience working with or covering major domestic and/or global institutions.
· Strong visual sense with a solid grasp of journalism and creative, non-traditional storytelling methods.
· Savvy with social media trends and proficient with multiple social media tools.
· Proficiency or aptitude to learn Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, Spark and InDesign.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org