We are seeking a highly motivated, team-spirited (International) External Partnerships Manager who has wide and combined external relations, fundraising and project management skills. He/she will act as a key contact for the client its international community, partners, external organisations and/or any other stakeholders with the responsibility of corporate fundraising function. With team support, the successful candidate will work to tight deadlines to oversee the daily fundraising and external relations functions, working alongside the Community’s management team. An ability to embrace a diversity of tasks is essential.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Sourcing leads, prospecting and building relationships with potential sponsors and partners;
- Excellent key account management of existing clients, building/maintaining database of prospects/clients;
- Generating revenue streams, negotiating and closing fundraising and business opportunities;
- Carry out sponsor acquisition activities, including design and communication of sponsor packages, negotiation and closing of sponsor deals;
- Contribute to the management of an international community with over 14,000 members (and increasing) aiding its strategic development and evolution;
- Provide administrative support to the Community, based on agreed governance and reporting mechanisms to ensure a smooth working relationship;
- Provide daily administrative support to the managing bodies and the members of the community;
- Assist in the co-organisation of large-scale international events (online and physical);
- Use online platforms to support the development of the organisation and definition of its operational strategies;
- Use the organisation’s online tools to manage the different tasks and communicate with members;
- Co-organise and attend meetings (online and physical);
- Regularly contribute to reporting activities, ensuring accurate recording of data.
Profile we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably related to business management, fundraising or similar);
- Excellent domain of written and spoken English as all tasks are carried out in English;
- Be able to work, present and communicate with people of different cultures, across international times zones and where English is a secondary language.
- Experience in both new business development and account management, with a proven track record in successful business development, accumulative fundraising revenue targets and consultatively growing client relationships;
- Outstanding project management, people, event and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), including an ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and act as a spokesperson for the project;
- Development of long term relationships, together with negotiating with key senior level decision makers;
- Ability to efficiently assess and prioritise multiple tasks in a highly collaborative, expansive environment, thus excellent time management skills;
- Positive, entrepreneur, ‘can do’ approach to tasks;
- Able to work under pressure in a demanding, high-volume, deadline-driven work environment;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an aptitude for problem solving;
- Self-motivated and able to work within a team and individually.
- Experience in working with international NGOs/Associations;
- Familiarity with working methodologies suitable to support the management of large amount of information;
- Experience in event and project management (with European funded projects is an advantage);
- Familiarity with Innovation and Research field;
- Good command of MS Office;
- Immediate availability.
- Contribute to INOVA+ mission and objectives, maintaining good liaison across the organisation;
- Ability to work flexibly, occasionally including evening or weekends;
- Reasonable occasional out of office hours work may be required, as may be some international travel (including weekends);
- Undertake other duties from time to time, as requested by the line manager.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org