Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The creative and digital manager is responsible for helping in the development and implementation of the Institute’s communications strategy, audience building and branding efforts. The creative digital manager provides expertise and support to the Institute and its staff in online branding, e-marketing, social media, analytics, and event branding. S/he will be responsible for project management of acquisition of new digital assets to include a website redesign and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Working with the Director of Communications, the creative digital manager is also responsible for implementing and managing the Institute’s online strategy – including, but not limited to, administration and maintenance of IRI’s website using a content management system (CMS) and managing the use of new media platforms such as social networking sites, blogs, etc. The creative and digital manager is the key digital advisor to a dynamic and growing organization and will have the opportunity to shape this new important role.
- Undergraduate degree and minimum five years’ experience in digital communications.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Strong writing and proof-reading skills for communications and public relations tools, including press releases, statements, fact sheets, etc.
- Experience creating digital communications plans and campaigns.
- Track record of directly managing organizational social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Digital project management experience with prior knowledge of website creation and development and CRM creation.
- Experience in email marketing best practices for NGOs—emphasis on knowledge of email marketing platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Proven understanding of website content development and management and a solid understanding of fundamental tools used in online promotion and marketing, including digital analytics.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet the Institute needs.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills and the ability to initiate work, manage multiple projects and set priorities independently.
- Experience identifying complex problems and developing creative solutions.
- CMS management experience required. Drupal preferred. Need to be familiar with HTML and XML coding.
- Experience with Adobe Suite also desirable with an emphasis on Premiere Pro and InDesign
- Staying up to date on digital and social trends, integrating new methods and features into IRI’s digital strategy.
- Willingness to travel.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Works with the External Relations team to develop and implement short and long-term strategic communication’s plans that reflect and support IRI’s global mission and strategic priorities and the goals of the Institute’s various programs.
- Project manages the launch of a website redesign and CRM integration.
- Assists with development and implementation of the Institute’s branding strategy.
- Develops and leads the organization’s overall social media strategy and produces the digital editorial calendar.
- Builds and maintains strong, consultative relations with the program staff.
- Works with and engages staff, at all levels, in the Institute’s online communications strategy, including offering workshops, best practices and guidance to ensure IRI’s goals are being met.
- Maintains the organizations’ website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
- Works with Communications team to produce the organization’s newsletter and ensure wide distribution.
- Develops plans to target different audiences and promotes content for specific groups.
- Collaborates with staff to develop innovative content for the Institute’s online platforms, including, but not limited to, websites, social media platforms and blogs.
- Monitors, analyzes, reports on and helps respond to news and developments that impact IRI, democracy promotion and foreign policy.
- Researches ways to build web traffic and generate repeat usage. Generates weekly reports of web traffic statistics and provides analysis for improvement.
- Assists in monitoring domestic and international media outlets for news regarding IRI, its Board of Directors, senior management, staff and other news of interest to IRI. Delivers expertise and assistance to Institute staff when programs have a digital component, including brainstorming ideas, helping craft a digital and plan and looking at data to determine ROI.
- Identifies and provides new digital training opportunities for staff in order to build capacity for robust social media presence.
- Preforms other related responsibilities as assigned.