The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).
This position is part of the Missile Defense Agency. Incumbent will serve as a Security Assistance Program Specialist and an Assistant Country Case Manager for Security Assistance Programs within International Affairs (DI).
As a SECURITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM SPECIALIST at the NH-0301-3 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as DI representative with total responsibility for developing, coordinating, and managing security assistance programs within established policies, procedures, country or regional funding ceilings, and appropriate legislation.
- Ensuring Letters of Request (LORs), Letters of Offer and Acceptance (LOAs) are processed and completed within the constraints and guidelines established in the Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM).
- Providing sound technical advice and assistance for total package fielding of equipment, training, and other services related to the foreign military sales (FMS) program.
- Assisting agency representatives with developing, coordinating, and managing security assistance programs IAW established policies, procedures, and authorized funding authorizations.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with foreign government entities within the scope of Security Assistance/Cooperation (FMS) to include:Defense Security Cooperation Agency, U.S. Army Major Commands, National Security Agency, and Other Government Agencies.
- Assisting in resolving misinterpretation of U.S. Government policies, procedures, and capabilities with the customer in responding to FMS Letters of Request (LOR) or Price and Availability (P&A).
- Providing recommendations to U.S. industry with respect to policies and procedures for the sale of defense articles and services through FMS.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Occasional Travel
- Work Schedule: Full-time
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
- Employee must obtain/maintain a Non-Critical Sensitive (Secret) security clearance
- Must obtain mandatory DAWIA certification in Program Management within 24 months of EOD
You may qualify at the NH-03 level, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-02/GS-11 grade level in the Federal service as listed below:
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales program in order to conduct periodic case reviews at higher FMS headquarters or foreign country to identify, isolate, and resolve problem situations.
- Experience with Security Assistance policies, regulations, and procedures is required to effectively manage Foreign Military Sales programs; to develop the need for new approaches, new program emphasis, and to provide expert technical advisory services.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org