The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser reports to the Regional Director. S/He provides overall technical advice and quality assurance for results and evidence-based planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation to the Regional Office, the Sub-regional Office and LAC field offices, and supports the strengthening of capacities and knowledge sharing and dissemination on these issues.
The adviser works in close collaboration with the Evaluation Office which is the custodian of the evaluation function in UNFPA. S/He will also collaborate, on monitoring issues, with the Policy and Strategy Division.
The Regional M&E Adviser provides leadership and guidance to the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, principles, monitoring, reporting and evaluation norms and standards at regional and national level, to ensure relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the work of UNFPA in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The adviser will work within an integrated and coordinated approach, which is fundamental to the Regional Office and UNFPA’s overall strategy. The primary roles of the Regional M&E Adviser are:
- Support to results based management system, in line with global, regional tools and strategies;
- Monitoring of strategic plan, GRI and country programme development indicators with special attention to monitoring and visualizing progress made;
- Capacity Development in evaluation and monitoring, including M&E planning directed primarily to RO, SRO, UNFPA COs and RCOs/UNCTs in conjunction with strengthening regional, national and local sustainable development plans;
- Manage evaluations at regional level and quality assure evaluations managed by country offices in the region;
- Knowledge management and dissemination of evaluation results and lessons;
- Quality assurance of results and evidence-based planning, monitoring and reporting process.
- Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent (preferably Ph. D.) in public health, social science, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field;
- Additional credits/trainings on monitoring and evaluation are an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in international development, of which five years at the international level;
- 5 years or more of relevant professional experience in managing complex programme level, regional and country-specific evaluations including inter-agency and joint evaluations;
- Strong track record of innovative leadership in managing evaluations, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Experience in evaluation quality assurance and assessment mechanisms;
- In-depth, up-to-date understanding and knowledge of global geopolitical issues relevant to UNFPA mandate and the implications for evaluation policy;
- In-depth, up-to-date understanding and knowledge of advancing international professional planning, monitoring evaluation norms and standards.
- Strong track record in the field of results oriented planning and monitoring Extensive network within the academic and development community;
- Field experience is a strong asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org