PROSAFE is seeking to recruit a Project Intern for a six months period starting as soon as possible. The offer of employment is for a full-time paid internship.
PROSAFE is an international non-governmental organisation established in 1991 by market surveillance officers from countries throughout Europe. The main goal is to contribute to cooperation of Market Surveillance Authorities by organising Joint Actions and by developing and promoting best practices. As from 2006, PROSAFE has coordinated 24 Joint Actions between various market surveillance organizations within the EEA (European Economic Area). In total 49 products and product related issues were involved.
PROSAFE coordinates a series of Joint Actions, such as JA2016 and EEPLIANT2, which are (co-)financed by the European Union. Next to the development items, the following products are tackled by:
- JA2016: Toys nr. 5 (Electrical toys), Childcare articles nr. 6 (Baby carriers & Cots), Handheld Power Tools nr.3 (Impact Drills), Electrical Appliances nr.2 (Haircare products) and PPE (Climbing equipment).
- EEPLIANT2: Domestic refrigeration, Network standby, Professional refrigeration.
- EEPLIANT3 is to start in June 2019 focussing on a wide range of products from an Energy Efficiency and Ecodesign perspective.
More information can be found on PROSAFE's website at www.prosafe.org and www.eepliant.eu and www.mstyr15.eu.
The Project Intern will carry out the non-exhaustive list of tasks listed below:
- Providing general support to all aspects of Joint Actions;
- Providing support with administrative duties and organisation of meetings;
- Providing support in the preparation of project reports and other project deliverables;
- Proofreading and editing various project reports and project materials;
- Collecting and processing project documentation from the project beneficiaries;
- Disseminating project information;
- Engaging and collaborating with project participants, membership, stakeholders and third parties;
- Under guidance, support the preparation/drafting of proposals in response to tenders and call for proposals issued by the EU Institutions;
- The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Minimum one year of office work;
Level of education (mandatory selection criteria):
- University degree of 3 or 4 years in natural or environmental sciences or a social-economic discipline (e.g. finance, economics, business, political science, international relations).
- Followed by a Master’s Degree of minimum 1 year in the above-mentioned disciplines.
- The candidate should show commitment to the values, vision and mission of consumer safety NGOs and have an interest in the market surveillance of Energy Efficiency and Ecodesign and product safety issues.
- Language skills: English level compared to a native speaker; excellent writing skills;
- Good computer literacy, in particular excellent command of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. ICT knowledge and good command of InDesign and/or other editing programmes is an asset.
- Familiarity with European Union funded projects within the H2020 programme is an asset.
- A willingness to “pitch in” where required. No job too big or small.
- Ability to handle pressure, and work within tight deadlines;
- Genuine team-player;
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math and ability to present technical information in simple terms;
- Positive and outgoing personality;
- A problem-solver with attention to detail and ability to spot errors;
- Well-organized, efficient and reliable;
- A can-do attitude, backed by speedy and accurate work;
- Assertive not abrasive.
- Be eligible to work in Belgium.
We offer an interesting job in a dynamically growing organisation which brings together European market surveillance officers, consultants, as well as International stakeholders in a field that is of fundamental importance for the European Union. The working language is English.
The internship will be remunerated with €900 per month and includes the possibility of employment in the event of a successful internship.
Suitably qualified individuals are required to submit:
- Their CV in Europass format and
- A bespoke one-page cover letter in English
before 4 June 2019 (09:00 o’clock Brussels time) to [email protected].
Please write in the email subject “<Name of the candidate> - Application Project intern”!
Applications are reviewed on a “first come, first serve” policy and interviews may be organised before the deadline; thus, we welcome swift applications.
Only successful candidates will be informed, thank you for your understanding.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org