An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP) is a system-wide network organisation dedicated to improving the accountability and performance of humanitarian action by strengthening the humanitarian evidence base through sharing lessons, identifying key issues and, where appropriate, providing leadership to find collective approaches and solutions.
ODI is seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Communications Officer to join ALNAP and contribute to enhancing the impact of ALNAP’s research on humanitarian policy and practice; encourage communication within the ALNAP Network; oversee ALNAP’s knowledge management function and develop ALNAP and ODI’s reputation and image through efficient and effective external and internal communication, with a focus on delivery of high quality digital outputs.
The successful candidates will have:
- Digital communications skills and experience, including: content creation; website management; email marketing; strategic use of social media; analytics, multimedia; and SEO.
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to summarise research information in clear, web-friendly, non-specialist language
- Good knowledge of social media, digital platforms and web content best practice
- Ability to work collegially with researchers, helping to shape research communications for target audiences
- Strong IT skills; ability to learn new software and systems quickly.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Illustrator and InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter – ability to generate plans and ideas and carry them through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of managing relationships with external agencies and freelancers
- Ability to quickly pick up new softwares and tools; willingness to learn new skills
- Basic video production experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Interest and experience in humanitarian issues
- Experience in research communications
- Other languages
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org