Responsible for providing expert input to shape EU-CORDs advocacy work on behalf of and through the working groups in alignment with our vision, strategy and values.
Key areas of responsibility
- Coordinate and facilitate Member-led joint advocacy initiatives for more social, economic and environmental justice through the advocacy task groups;
- Promote political dialogue and build relationships with the EU institutions;
- Analyse, inform about and respond to EU and international policy processes and trends that are relevant with regards to humanitarian action, sustainable development and global justice;
- Lead and coordinate the Advocacy Leadership Group to ensure coherence and relevance in EU;
- Work with the faith literacy group to building a theological foundation to underpin our advocacy work (approach and messaging);
- Represent the network in the relevant partnership structures including the Joint Learning Initiative, Partnership for Religion and Development, CONCORD, IDDC, VOICE, SDG Watch Europe and Renew Our World;
- Support the peer-to-peer capacity building of Members to better engage in national, EU, partner country and international advocacy initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of EU and UN institutions and decision-making processes;
- Proven advocacy & lobby experience;
- An awareness of relief and development issues;
- Commitment to EU-CORDs Christian values and purpose is essential.
This position requires someone dynamic, relational and ready to bring EUCORD to the next level in its advocacy work.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org