The Corporate and Foundations Partnerships Team leads Plan International USA’s outreach, funding, and relationships with US-based private sector entities including corporations, private foundations, community foundations, donor-advised funds, giving intermediaries , and service and membership-based associations. Corporate and Foundation Partnerships is tasked with identifying, approaching and procuring funds from potential corporate donors and stewarding and bolstering support from the current portfolio. The team serves as a bridge between external donors / stakeholders and internal programming, technical, and financial staff, and requires a strong knowledge of Plan’s work and position in the global development arena, as well as ongoing global trends in corporate philanthropy.
The Senior Manager for Corporate Partnerships contributes to this team by overseeing and coordinating the development and submission of proposals and concepts, the identification and cultivation of corporate donor prospects and partnerships, and the participation of Plan staff in global events and conferences that raise the visibility of Plan and our work with the private sector. The Senior Manager would be responsible for cultivating, securing, and stewarding a portfolio of high-visibility corporate relationships and gifts, many if which require global account management on behalf of the Plan Federation.. The Senior Manager will be responsible for growing Plan’s corporate portfolio, particularly at the 6-figure and 7-figure gift levels. The Senior Manager can support and take the lead on outreach efforts including speaking engagements and developing printed and online collateral, tool kits, and communications pieces on private sector engagement. S/he will represent Plan in a variety of situations including working with the CEO, senior staff, and heads or senior staff of corporations.
The Senior Manager works closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships, and may be responsible for managing Corporate Partnerships Associates, Assistants, and/or interns, as needed.
Manage all parts of the business development life-cycle for corporate partnerships including the following activities:
· Identifies and interfaces with prospective donors in an attempt to increase the number of partners, gifts sizes, and renewal rates from US corporates for Plan
· Manages a stable of existing corporate partnerships, focusing on strategy and stewardship of partners to develop more robust giving plans
· Cultivates and secure a new set of corporate partners at the 6-and 7-figure giving levels
· Develops briefings, presentations and customized collateral for prospective partners
· Researches opportunities and creates and manages strategies for prospect cultivation & stewardship
· Works with staff in international and field offices to coordinate on global projects for corporate prospects
· Tracks and monitors reporting deadlines of projects associated with accounts in portfolio
· Develops and edits donor reports and stewardship communications coordinating with country offices, communications & marketing, legal and finance teams to ensure accurate reporting
Business Processes and Administration:
· Works closely with the Director to set and implement annual team goals, strategies, milestones, and timeline for reaching ambitious corporate partnerships goals and strategy
· Provides oversight on team business protocols, including donor correspondence and contributions to revenue trackers and partnership dashboards
· Manages special initiatives and events as assigned
· Supervises Partnerships Assistants, and/or interns, as needed.
· Excellent writing, research, editing, and communication skills
· Great networking, sales and business development skills
· A minimum of 6 years of experience in fundraising, corporate sales or business development fields
· Track record of problem solving, partner negotiation, and securing significant six-eight figure gifts
· Experience and familiarity with corporate social responsibility (CSR), cause-marketing & brand partnerships, public-private partnerships employee engagement and/ or sponsorship programs
· Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
· Ability to work independently and make sound decisions to execute on goals
· Strong knowledge of the international development donor community and social impact field
· Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
· Ethical and principled decision making
· Enjoys creativity and learning new ways of doing things to remain fresh and up to date on industry trends
· Event sponsorship and special events experience a plus
· Some program management and strategic communications experience desirable
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree required: Master’s Degree preferred
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in corporate relations role, sales, fundraising, business development, philanthropy or related field
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Travel up to 30 percent of time, domestically and internationally
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org