Since our founding in 1979, ISEP has become the largest global membership network for student mobility in the world. We are dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to international experiences: studying, interning and volunteering.
Through ISEP, students build real connections and gain a true understanding of what it is like to live in another culture, thereby developing inter-cultural competencies and a global outlook. The ISEP member community includes 335+ members in 55 countries.
The Student Services Coordinator serves as the primary liaison for inbound and outbound students in designated regions in preparation for their study abroad programs and on-site. The student services coordinator is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting the needs of the students throughout the duration of their study abroad program, and ensuring a successful student experience.
The Student Services Coordinator serves as primary point of contact for ISEP coordinators regarding student matters and health and safety issues during the program period.
External: Students at member institutions, ISEP Coordinators, and other contacts at member institutions.
Internal: Vice President for Enrollment Management, Student Advisors, Program Assistant, University Relations Managers, Marketing Team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as primary point of contact for students regarding academic, personal, cultural, visa and logistical matters once the student is enrolled and while on-site.
- Serves as primary point of contact for coordinators from member institutions in designated countries regarding student matters and resolution of student issues.
- Advises student on how to solve problems or concerns in country and assists them in understanding the cultural nuances in their host country.
- Responds to individual student health and safety emergencies in the designated regions by facilitating communications among all stakeholders and working with partners to resolve issues which includes responding to emergency phone calls 24/7.
- Resolves immediate student needs or complaints on program and communicates membership standards issues to the appropriate University Relations Manager.
- Collaborates on the creation of educational materials to ensure a successful student experience, including the design and presentation of pre-departure orientations, webinars, blogs and engagement via social media, reinforcing the ISEP brand through all means of communication.
- Serves as ongoing contact regarding the student experience and engages with students on a regular basis to ensure student satisfaction and cultivate the alumni network
- Reviews program evaluations and works with Member Relations on action plans to address shortcomings including membership standards issues.
- Processes Employment Authorizations and Academic Trainings
- Review student medical forms and provides guidance when necessary to accommodate student needs
OTHER RECURRING DUTIES
- Supports initiatives to strengthen program delivery and student satisfaction
- Collaborates with Marketing Team to cultivate and foster alumni relations through social media and other forums
- Leads special projects and committees related to departmental and organizational initiatives, including evaluating current internal and external policies and procedures
- Responsible for handling the emergency cell phone on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of work experience in international higher education, international programs management, or related areas
- Travel, study and/or work experience abroad
- Knowledge and experience working with cultures and higher education institutions outside of the United States
- In-depth understanding of the U.S. higher education system
- Excellent cross-cultural communication, strong customer service and student relations skills
- Proven effective engagement with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage a fluctuating workload in a fast-paced environment
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with advising and/or counseling
- Experience with program improvement and incorporating the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Strong engagement in social media
- Language proficiency in one or more regions of the portfolio preferred
- Commitment to education and personal belief in the power of bilingualism, cultural competency, global citizenship and how study abroad is integral to achieving these objectives
- 35-hour work week
- Telework options and summer hours with half-day Fridays
- 80% ISEP-paid employee health, dental and vision premiums
- 60% ISEP-paid dependent health premiums
- 18 days of paid time off
- 12 days of paid holidays
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year’s
- 100% ISEP-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% ISEP-paid Life Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with ISEP match
- Pre-tax FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Coffee and snacks from around the world
- Office parties during the holidays and team events throughout the year
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary expectation with the subject line “Student Services Coordinator.” Application deadline: June 9, 2019.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org