Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
The Human Rights team seeks a talented professional with expertise in US government compliance, financial oversight and subaward management for the position of Program Manager, Human Rights. The Program Manager for Human Rights will provide day-to-day oversight for award budget management, reviewing and approving subaward budgets, oversight for financial vetting of new subawardees, review and approval of subawardee quarterly financial reports and invoices and approval of final financial reports submitted at closeout. In addition, the Manager will collaborate closely with the Human Rights team program staff to increase the capacity of organizations receiving subawards through the Initiative. The position will work closely with the Human Rights program staff and Vital Voices’ Finance and Administration team. This position is based in Washington, DC and will work closely and report to the Vice President of Human Rights.
- Financial Management: Maintain program budgets, as well as updated forecasts. Track spending on project and review for accuracy. Review procurement requests and vendor contracts, when needed. Ensure that all financial transactions are conducted in accordance with Vital Voices and donor regulations. Institute due diligence practices to minimize risk and ensure adequate oversight of transactions.
- Government compliance: Provide guidance for the Human Rights team regarding compliance with federal regulations. Provide oversight for grantees receiving USG funds, including financial vetting, pre-award budget negotiations, quarterly reporting and final reports submitted by grantees. Provide input for financial vetting of urgent assistance program partners. Develop budget templates with input from the Vital Voices’ Finance and Administration team.
- Capacity building and technical assistance: Work in collaboration with program staff to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support for grantees and local partners related to the 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 600, including input on the enhancement of financial policies and procedures. Provide guidance regarding best practices in financial management, including financial oversight, cash handling, record keeping, audits, etc.
- Program Management: Collaborate with program staff to support the day-to-day oversight for subaward and the Urgent Assistance program. Ensure adherence to program plans and schedules as well as develop solutions to problems. Engage with local organizations in the implementation and troubleshooting of projects. Coordinate with Finance and Administration to develop, maintain and monitor any other relevant sub-grant processes.
- Relationship Management: Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on Vital Voices behalf. Act as point of contact for partner organizations for finance-related tasks; coordinate communication between beneficiaries and program staff; and serve as liaison for Human Rights team to other organizational teams and programs, when appropriate. Coordinate to communications with donors, as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience; OR graduate degree in international affairs/development or related field plus three years of experience in program management, compliance, finance management or related experience
- Demonstrated experience and passion for gender/women’s issues, specifically GBV
- Expertise in compliance with US government regulations;
- Significant experience with subaward management, including financial vetting and oversight for subaward compliance with US government regulations
- A proven track record of financial oversight/budget management including, budget development, budget forecasting, tracking and reconciliation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, execute exceptionally well, and deliver high-quality results within very tight timelines with minimal supervision, on time
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience with proposal development a plus
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices mission and values
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel skills
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org