QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Project Coordinator be working in operations in the assigned QED Practice Area and will gain valuable experience in the areas of program coordination, contract management, technical tasks and new business. The PC will report to the or Project Manager assigned. The position is meant to enhance the Project Coordinators’ experience and knowledge of programs in the assigned Practice Area, technical activities and new business. They will coordinate their projects and assist in technical tasks and new business development.
- Support long-term and short-term staff overseas.
- Be primarily responsible for field operations of evaluation teams, including travel logistics, consultant and subcontractor invoices, and travel expenses.
- Draft and edit program reports for donors and clients, as needed.
- Develop activity budgets and oversee financial management of project budgets; including creating budget forecasting and projections, tracking invoices and project finances.
- Review monthly project expenditures and send invoices to clients.
- Track and ensure timely submission of all deliverables, including in the assistance of reviewing, editing and finalizing all deliverables for submissions to client.
- Draft contracts for consultants, subcontractors, and service providers. Serve as primary reference point for contracting questions.
- Lead the internal approval process for contracts for services and procurement for the assigned project.
- Review basic legal issues for employment and procurement.
- Ensure administrative and financial compliance with USG regulations, including regular review of the USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR to ensure compliance.
- Ensure project MEL plans developed and submitted.
- Participate in evaluation quality assurance as assigned.
- Assist with development of PMPs, program indicators, and other measurements.
- Deliver any technical tasks as assigned.
- Support new business and proposal preparation activities.
- Assist with recruitment of personnel and in-country partners.
- Research legal and program implications for countries participating in programs.
- Assist with writing and production of proposals.
Innovation, Data, and Technology
- Participate in ideation campaigns and user testing.
- Serve as Idea Champion to move ideas forward through Innovation Process.
- Identify opportunities with project teams to integrate Innovation, Data, and Technology into work.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; Master’s Degree in international development or relevant field preferred.
- Prefer 2-4 years performing program operations for USAID and other donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge in acquisition mechanisms, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations.
- Detail-oriented, experience developing/managing program budgets.
- Can-do attitude able to think creatively to find solutions and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
- Required interest in MEL, qualitative and quantitative research methods, Global Health, or organizational learning.
- Willingness to travel to post-conflict environments.
- English required; knowledge of additional languages, is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org