Assistant to Accounting Department. New York. Posting Date: 06/21/2019. Deadline: 07/15/2019Purpose of Position:
Provide various administrative support to Finance staff. Work is performed under general supervision.Job Profile Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. OSI may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Candidate Profile Education/Experience:
- Update, maintain and organize Accounting files in Central Finance Department file room; Update, organize and maintain digital Accounting files, which will include the central network drive for assigned areas;
- Assemble hard copy or online materials for any internal or external audits (e.g. invoices, payments, canceled checks, etc.);
- Archive and retrieve Accounting files as needed including reorganizing the current Accounting section of Finance Archive list;
- Enter payment or coordinate with OSF staff to process monthly central credit card statements (Amex ( BTA, CMC, PCard), Airplus, Diner's Club);
- Enter payment request or coordinate with OSF staff on the processing of central bills for hotels, car services, etc. This includes follow up staff or vendors to resolve any payment/billing issues.
- Perform administrative tasks for Accounting staff, such as, organization, filing, preparing expense reports, scheduling, organizing and coordinating meetings/travel arrangements.
- Photocopy, collate and distribute advance materials for meeting participants
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax filings including obtaining signatures and mailing at post office, up to 10 times per year;
- Prepare and maintain OSF tax power of attorney (IRS form 2848);
- Assist with the mailing out of checks and distributing of checks to OSF staff
- Assist with uploading of wire confirmation to vendor invoices in OSF accounting system
- Assist with sending out audit confirmation letters annually
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School degree or equivalent with three to five years of relevant work experience. Skills Required:
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Extensive computer skills and high comfort level with computers (experience with Microsoft Office required);
- Poised and able to work well under pressure; high attention to detail and ability to prioritize work; able to often simultaneously manage a wide range of tasks and projects;
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and the general public.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.