Job share and part-time applications are welcome for this role. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK
BBC World News is the BBC’s most-watched channel, with a global audience of 95 million adults per week. Only available to viewers outside the UK it is distributed by cable and satellite providers and also streamed online in some markets.
We are looking for creative production Journalists to join our team. You will need a good knowledge of our editorial agenda, sharp production and writing skills and be able to respond to a fast-moving news environment.
- Producing global news stories for TV, including but not restricted to script-writing, simple video editing, graphics production and guest-booking.
- Responsible for gathering and working on information from various sources such as UGC (user generated content) and social media.
- Writing headlines, structuring sequences and stories and working on outside broadcasts if required.
- Contribute to the planning and origination of new angles and stories.
- To work as required across a range of skills on different platforms in a flexible manner to BBC standards and values
For more information please read the job description
- Significant experience writing and producing international TV news to the highest standards.
- Ability to write in flawless English to extremely tight and changing deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience editing pictures and graphics on an unfolding story and putting them straight to air.
- Proven ability to book top level guests.
- Ability to produce video pieces making use of appropriate production techniques, produce live sequences for broadcast and to work with graphic designers to create engaging visual journalism.
- Broad knowledge of and interest in international affairs.
- Good understanding of the requirements and potential of interactive media, social media and user generated content, and of different digital platforms and devices and their core audiences.
- Ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment and software used by BBC News to gather, publish and broadcast material.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org