EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Communication team in its work. The internship will start on 1 August 2019 for a period of 5 months.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Communication team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the management, including the following tasks:
- Support the Communication team in their tasks, e.g. translation management, practical and logistical organisation of activities;
- Participate in meetings, take notes and prepare press reviews;
- Draft/proofread press releases and statements in English, based on content received from programme officers;
- Monitor communication opportunities e.g. international days and agendas in relation to the European Union, and international and regional bodies;
- Maintain and update the media database, the website and social media accounts;
- Respond to any requests linked to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Profile, Skills and Background
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in Communication, Journalism, European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in Communication;
- Excellent command of English (native level proficiency), fluency (spoken and written) in French;
- Computer and social media literacy (Office Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube);
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Self-motivated, proactive, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org