Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Officer, the Exploratory Head of Mission main objectives are the following:
- To launch the activities;
- To set-up the operational team at country level;
- To reinforce PUI as a credible humanitarian actor in country;
- To develop further projects to follow the existing ones.
- Perform all necessary local recruitments;
- Set-up everything needed for a proper operationnal deployment;
- Set-up the security plan;
- Finalise registration of PUI as a humanitarian actor in the area;
- Represent PUI towards donors and crucial stakeholders;
- Supervise the redaction of concept notes and proposals;
- Ensure signature of MoU with the key local actors;
- Respect and (when relevant) enforce, the security protocoles defined, the logistics frames and the financial procedures of PUI.
- Project management;
- Health training or at minimum strong experience in health projects coordination.
- 5 years of humanitarian experience in project coordination;
- Previous experience as Head of Mission in an NGO, including with PUI;
- Previous experience in assessment/exploratory missions;
- Successful experience in expatriate team management and multi-sector programmes;
- Security management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent safety and security management and analysis skills.
- Spanish and English are mandatory. French in an asset.
Fixed-Term Contract: 12 months
Starting date: As soon as Possible
Monthly Gross Income: from 2 915 to 3 245 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
Insurance: including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
Housing: in individual hotel rooms.
Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org