National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) is a mission-driven social impact organization that encourages and celebrates lifelong commitment to Peace Corps ideals. NPCA supports a united and vibrant Peace Corps community, including current and returned Peace Corps volunteers, current and former staff, host country nationals, family and friends in our efforts to create a better world. NPCA exists to fulfill three specific goals:
- Help the Peace Corps be the best it can be
- Empower members and affiliate groups to thrive
- Amplify the Peace Corps community’s global social impact
Are you ready to help create social change? Join the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) team, the nation’s leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization mobilizing a united and vibrant Peace Corps community to create social change.
The International Programs Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support to NPCA’s international programs. They identify and cultivate partnerships for existing and emerging programs that deploy students, corporate volunteers, Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) and others on short-term international assignments around the world.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit volunteer consultants with host organizations in Francophone Africa
- Develop and implement an annual work plan
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy
- Conduct promotional outreach to prospective partners such as universities, corporations, affiliate groups, NGOs, and trade associations
- Participate in the selection of target countries and target sectors through research and outreach to field-based organizations
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with implementing partners and host-country organizations, coordinating programmatic and logistical aspects
- Establish and implement program monitoring, evaluation and learning process
- Develop concept papers, letters of interest and proposals
- Travel to work sites to coordinate field-level operations, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of two years of experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or volunteer programs preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in program management or logistics planning required
- 1-2 years’ experience recruiting preferred
- Well organized to handle multiple tasks
- Responsive, attentive to detail and an articulate communicator
- Highly motivated, resourceful and creative, thriving on the opportunity to contribute to the Peace Corps community
- Interest and/or experience in community development, organizational management, international affairs, peace building and other similar areas
- Proactive in grassroots outreach and collaboration and friendly in manner
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer preferred but not required
- French and/or Spanish language desirable
Send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample with “International Programs Coordinator” in the subject line. This position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
National Peace Corps Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.