As Head of Project you will implement a BMZ funded rural development project in Lebanon and monitor the activities of partner organizations. Furthermore you will be in charge of setting up a project-office structure for Welthungerhilfe in Lebanon, including registration and recruitment of the coordination team.
- Setup of project office in close coordination with Welthungerhilfe's regional office in Turkey;
- Carry out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe's standards;
- Ensure complete narrative and financial documentation and reporting;
- Implement the security plan and ensure security of staff involved in the project;
- Attend and advocate in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings;
- Support capacity building of implementing partner in the areas of Finance Management, M&E, SPHERE, CHS;
- Liaise with current and potential future donors;
- Assist in further programme and project development in consultation with the Programme Department of Welthungerhilfe's regional office in Turkey;
- Representation of Welthungerhilfe in local and international meetings.
- A university or technical degree in a relevant field like social sciences, agriculture or similar qualification;
- At least 5 years professional experience working in the global south and cooperating with local NGOs;
- Several years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organisations in the sector of Food Security, Livelihoods, and rural development, preferably in the region;
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating humanitarian and security-related situations;
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure;
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions;
- A very good command of spoken and written English, German and/or Arabic are an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org