The Program Deputy Field Coordinator (PDFCO) is in charge of supervising the implementation of SI’s programs in Rakhine State. In line with both SI annual country strategy and the evolution of the humanitarian needs in the area, the PDFCO will support designing and implementing new projects.
She/He oversees the quality of project implementation through the direct management of Program Managers (2 Wash and 1 FSL).
She/he also supports the Field Coordinator (FC) in his representing tasks in external meetings under FC delegation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic orientation
- Coordination and programs monitoring
- Institutional knowledge building
- Team management
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Field Coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Program Managers
- Functional manager: Deputy Country Director
- Functional report(s):
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- To follow up the strengthen of internal mechanisms, in terms tools, procedures and support to Program Managers.
- To support any modifications and update of programs ongoing, according to implementation context evolutions, and the ones starting soon (Wash and FSL sectors), with the best problem-solving approach.
- To follow up data collection and data visualization software and to reinforce the inter-program collaboration.
- To ensure a good representation of SI in external coordination;
- Post graduate level in related field.
- 3 years of professional experience, including a minimum of 2 years in the humanitarian environment, with a positive experience in project implementation and team management Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts. Proven experience in managing teams in complex working environment; Previous experience in reporting and proposal writing Previous experience in capacity building
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Emergency activities in WASH and FSL Strong knowledge of project cycle management, project design and proposal writing Strong knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Knowledge of HR, budget and logistics management Knowledge of Solidarités International rules, tools and procedures would be an asset
Excellent management skills Good analytical and writing/editing skills Good communication and diplomatic skills Good organization skills Good training skills Capacity to work under pressure Good pedagogical skills Strong capacity to take initiatives
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read), Knowledge of Burmese or Rakhine are an asset
Other desirable qualities:
- Rigor, patience, autonomy, flexibility and ability to adapt are mandatory skills. Good computer skills;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org