An engaged citizenry and a healthy Congress, built on bipartisan cooperation and mutual respect, are essential for a strong democracy. FMC works with all members of the “Congressional Family.” Our network includes both current and former members as well as Hill staff and alumni to promote a collaborative, bipartisan and effective approach to policymaking.
FMC is seeking a highly-qualified candidate to help implement the programs of the Congressional Study Group on Korea. Successful applicants will have an understanding of both the Korean-American relationship and political realities on the Korean peninsula. Korean language proficiency is highly preferred. This position works closely with our Congressional Study Group team.
- Create, manage and execute events for the Congressional Study Group on Korea including, but not limited to: roundtable discussions, receptions, lecture series, and study trips to Korea and other countries.
- Maintain and grow network of high-level contacts that participate in our programs.
- Help manage existing institutional grants and support development of new funding opportunities.
- Write grant proposals and reports.
- Assist with our external communications efforts, including website, social media.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Occasionally support other programming per supervisor’s direction.
- Exhibit exceptional verbal and written professional communications skills in both English and Korean.
- Have a BA in a related field (International Relations, Asian Studies, etc.)
- Be motivated (you believe in our mission), organized (you love to use and build systems), flexible (you can respond to changing priorities), and resourceful with a love for learning (if you don’t know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask).
- Have authorization to work in the US.
- Have an interest in and general knowledge of transpacific affairs.
- Basic experience with event planning, including interaction with VIPs is a plus.
- Capitol Hill and/or Embassy experience is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience, within range between $35,000-40,000. Competitive benefits package offered (health insurance, life insurance, and retirement account).
Please send a resume and cover letter to Alexis Ayano Terai. Please include subject line: “CSGK Position”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org